Front End Developer
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful e-commerce websites on Shopify, Shopify Plus, and WooCommerce.
Our Front End Developer will be working closely with our creative team bringing our designs to life, creating exceptional e-commerce experiences: from high-converting homepages to perfectly crafted product pages. The front end developer is responsible for working closely with team members to ensure successful build and delivery for our projects.
You’re an expert in front-end development with strong attention to detail. You’ll be responsible for communicating high-level development concepts to team members and clients. You will help build best-in-class storefronts, implement apps, handle migrations, and integrations using modern web development principles, plan, manage and execute client projects from start to finish. Identify all the tasks that must be completed for client projects and execute them with a sound plan to completion. Ensure projects are completed on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Expert in Shopify theme development and customization
- Develop project scopes and objectives, including all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Translate requirements and design mockups into fully functioning websites using clean, readable code which may include HTML/CSS/JS
- Build out design comps to pixel perfect accuracy
- Building out custom Shopify themes and modifying pre-existing themes depending on the scope of the project
- Continuously look for ways to improve code quality and client projects
- Ongoing website maintenance including functional changes to eCommerce storefront
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Ensure all projects are completed on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress. As necessary, meet with clients, internal resources, and third parties to ensure objectives are met
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of best practices (UI/UX) for DTC marketing sites
- Ability to integrate 3rd Party Plugins and Applications into commerce
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
Please be sure to include a link to your online portfolio or some work you’re proud to show off to be considered for the position. BuzzShift is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace.