Sr. Content Strategist
Important Note: We appreciate your interest in applying for this role! BuzzShift is always accepting applications, but right now we are not actively looking to fill this position. We will keep your application on file and reach out when an opportunity opens up!
At BuzzShift, we scale and grow purpose-driven brands. Our clients span a wide range of categories, representing some of the most exciting companies in the direct-to-consumer space. The Senior Content Strategist at BuzzShift is a curious thinker who wants to investigate, understand and organize to create content that powers our clients’ experiences and serves their customers’ needs while delivering exceptional results. The Senior Content Strategist will lead the content experience for our projects, from auditing the existing content landscape, identifying the gaps and opportunities, collaborating and brainstorming to create an ideal state, and developing a plan to get there. The Senior Content Strategist will work closely with our clients and integrated team to formulate and deliver smart, tailored content frameworks, recommendations and have a passion for DTC brands.
Location: based in Dallas, TX with an opportunity to work remote
- Develop strategic content plans that meet end-user objectives and client needs; and fulfill those plans with detailed guidelines, gap analyses, and content development recommendations.
- Create and maintain editorial calendars, content playbooks, taxonomies, website and email flows, and content migration plans for clients.
- Understand the full customer journey to define and create best practices for ensuring content is consistent, accessible, understandable, actionable, and engaging across touchpoints and channels.
- Consume large quantities of research and data – digital analytics, consumer behavior, industry benchmarks – to extract insights and develop informed strategies.
- Oversee analytic efforts to help optimize in-market work, identify new potential for creative executions, and ensure that measurement frameworks, reporting cadences, and campaign optimizations are taking place.
- Work cross-functionally with account managers, media, designers, copywriters, and creatives.
- Define objectives and success criteria for content, gather and analyze existing content, and identify and implement recommendations for improving content.
- Utilize SEO standard methodologies to support relevance, usability, and marketing objectives by optimizing on-page content, content structures, and metadata.
- Drive user-centered experience concepts with a focus on content strategy and marketing initiatives and technology across channels including web, social, email, and commerce.
- Craft presentations that weave the strategic thinking and solutions into a clear, compelling story for both internally and to clients.
- Lead brainstorming exercises that include concepts, campaigns, and brand experience strategy.
- Research, write, and proof content as needed.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in strategic roles in either agency, experience design, direct to consumer, brand strategy, brand marketing, and analytics.
- Ability to independently manage client initiatives and campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative, communicative, and personable.
- Proactive and go-getter mentality (with business development, process improvement, operations, client work, etc.)
- You have a creative mind and appreciate the relationship between textual and visual elements in crafting digital experiences.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Working knowledge of user-centered design systems such as wireframes, prototypes, comps, and design specifications.
- Experienced in using analytics platforms to mine for insights and reporting including Google Analytics.